I'm nursing a 15 month old- how many cals do I need?

I've heard you need 1800-2200 calories if you are breast feeding. but I've never heard anything about when nursing older babies.

so i really need that many to nurse an almost 15 month old?

Pink.Elephants

Asked by Pink.Elephants at 10:47 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just did a wellness evaluation for our health insurance and it says after 12 months, you go back to the regular amount of calories for your lifestyle.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:29 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• your child is to old to be breast feeding. (s)he should be eating baby food and even regular food at this point.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I believe it is about 500 more then you would need. And I'm sure you know this, but there is nothing wrong with nursing your child at this age. I'm sure that too many people don't realize that nursing toddlers nurse IN ADDITION to solids, and that most are eating table foods and drinking other beverages at this point, and that the nursing is IN ADDITION to all of that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2011