how much should my baby eat now?

My daughter is almost 6 months old and she eats a tub of stage one food for breakfast mixed with cereal. Other wise she is on formula all day until dinner where she has 1 tub of a veggie and another of fruit. should she be eating a solid for lunch to?

emilysmom401

Asked by emilysmom401 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I work at a daycare and by that age most of the babies get a veggie for lunch. But if she is not acting hungry than I guess it is just up to you if you want her to have it or not. The way I always see it done is cereal for breakfast, veggie for lunch, fruit for snack, and veggie for dinner. But its really just up to you.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 8:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• she should, but its really up to you. my son at 6 months was eating solids! so i think it depends on your baby and you. :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It all depends on what you and your baby want. My son was on finger food and a cup at 10 months. DD is 11 months and still using a bottle some and has a harder time with finger food. Every baby develops differently. If she not hungry no need to push it. formula is supposed to be the main sorce of nutrition for the first year. The rest is just practice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2008