Orgasm? :0/

I thought that sex was supposed to help soften the cervix or whatever, but now I'm reading that women who have sex carry their babies longer??

So is orgasm (like by masturbation) beneficial at all? Sorry if thats a weird question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have no idea lol i never believed that whole sex helps you have your baby sooner thing anyways lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• It certainly isn't going to hurt!! It's possible that the orgasm can cause some slight contractions in the uterus but isn't really going to put you into labor. It's the chemical make-up of the sperm that softens the cervix and I've never heard anything about sex making you carry a baby longer before!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• yeah sex can put you in to labor i went into preterm labor at 6 months because of it but your masterbation shouldnt have anything to do with it because the sperm is the thing that softens your cervix!
    Anonymous

• My husband and I were at home together for the last week before my due date. We had sex every day several times because I heard it could send you into labor. We did this everyday and the baby came 5 days late! So maybe it does make you carry the baby longer, but if not it sure didn't help me much.
    IlovemyNicholas

Answer by IlovemyNicholas at 8:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think I believe that it can make you carry your baby longer. Lol my husband and I had tons of sex right before our daughters due date, tryin to make her come sooner and she came almost a week late. :-P
    Anonymous

• there really no real way to make the baby come faster. Just let nature it take course.
    Anonymous

• Me and hubby also had alot of sex right before the due and it actually helped soften my cervix some, got it started anyways. It didn't however through me into labor! =)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 9:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2008