When did you decide to get your child(ren) baptized/saved, if you did?

What was the process like? What did your child/ren wear? I see all these babies with extravagant dresses on the girls and suits on the boys. Did you invite family only? And did you have a dinner afterward?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My pastor doesn't recommend baptizing children until they are old enough, and concientious enough to understand why they are getting it done. This sunday will mark 2 weeks since I was baptized, it was amazing.... I just wore my regular clothes, and put a white robe over... afterwards I changed and went out to greet everyone. :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• if we could make the decesion for christ to enter other peoples hearts, the whole world would be saved. no matter how you do it, a baby is not excepting christ. (s)he needs to atleast be able to comprehend who jesus is first. you have to let the child decide when it's time
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Our son was baptized when he was about 6 weeks old. He wore my Christening gown that my godmother bought for me. It was a beautiful ceremony, and after we had a small luncheon with family and his godparents. We chose our best friends to be his godparents.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:05 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My daughter decided on her own to accept Christ and be baptized.. She had just turned 14..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 9:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• about 3 months
    califbecky

Answer by califbecky at 11:04 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• we had a christen gown , had family and friends and the church family. lovely party after
    califbecky

Answer by califbecky at 11:06 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• she is nearly 3 she knows who jesus is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I'm atheist but my daughters' father is Christian and wanted our oldest baptized. So, we went to his grandfather's church where he is a deacon. She was dedicated (it's the way Baptist church's arrange it, you are dedicated first and baptized when you are older and can comprehend what you are being baptized into and accept it yourself). She was 4 months old. my parents, his mom and granfather, my brother, and grandfather and uncle were there. And me, my daughter, brother, my parents and his mom and him went out to lunch after. where she was given about 500 in savings bonds.
    oh and her god parents came to the service lol
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I let my son decide on his own. He was 13 when he got baptized. He and my hubby got baptized together on Halloween 8 years ago. They got dunked in the lake and boy was it cold! lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i haven't. i will agree and be happy to see my ds decide for himself when/if he wants to be baptized.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011