First Laughs

My son just laughed for the first time today!! He got the hiccups, and then I mimicked his sounds and threw my arms up in the air, and he just chuckled away. I was just wondering how everyone else coaxed out those first giggles?

fsuttles

Asked by fsuttles at 8:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have been kissing my son's belly from day one. One day changed it to raspberries. He just started cracking up.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 8:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• cute
    scoke19

Answer by scoke19 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• singing lullabies while gazing into their eyes started my kids getting animated and crowing, cooing and laughing. It was so sweet - and sure kept me singing!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh my, I have 3 kids and I can't remember, it just sort of happened. My middle was the one that was the most shy with the laughs, that is for sure. My youngest, well she was the easiest to get laughing and is just hysterical now that she is a toddler. She tends to coax the laughter out of us more. She likes to say "tickle tickle tickle" and give us tickles. Awwwww
    upintrees

Answer by upintrees at 6:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2008