my 4yr old daughter is getting cough for last 3 months.every time dr is saying that sinus infectionand giving antibioticand aftr 1o days it will be back.lfor last 3 months she is taking antibiotics 6 times

please suggest me

kotesh

Asked by kotesh at 11:03 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like a food sensitivity, like dairy or gluten

Answer by rkoloms at 11:11 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• poor baby. you should take her for a second opinion and tell them how long this has been going on.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 11:16 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Is there any mold or other environmental factors in your home that could be causing this??
    Have you tried an antihistamine as well??
    Did the doc keep putting her on the same meds, or have they tried a stronger antibiotic since the infection keeps coming back.
    You can also try a Neti Pot or some saline spray several times a day.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• My four year old has a persistant returning cough that causes severe congestion. It returns on and off. Sometimes frequently. His was from drainage due to allergies. We have maintance medication for allergies and when the severe cough comes we use albuterol in the liquid form. For him it works. It would seem to me odd to be given so much of an antibiotic. Many sinus infections are also thought to be not caused by a bacteria. Making an antibiotic not necessarily the best first line defense. I have to say I would be seeking another opinion rather quickly.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• It is a possibility that your doctor hasn't put her on an antibiotic strong enough to get it out of her system. She could have a high tolerance, meaning that she may need her dosage adjusted a little higher. My daughter is like this. Is it possible she may have asthma? Or maybe the air may be too dry in your home.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• get a refferal to an ENT
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011