What were you doing when you went into labor?

This is just for fun. I wanna hear some stories, lol! What were you doing when you went into labor and/or your water broke?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• With my first ( second child was c-section) I was standing in the kitchen talking to hubby and felt something wet go down my leg, like a little trickle, I was so embarrassed! I thought I lost control of my bladder and peed myself! My sister was the one who, in between gales of laughter (at my pee pee theory) told my hubby to get the car ready!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 10:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ummm i don't got a funny one i was induced but umm it was no piece of cake they kept blowing my veins and everyone there was sleeping on me while i couldn't with the contractins
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My story is boring - I was sleeping!! Lol. :)

I kept waking up thinking I was sleeping on something wrong, cuz I had a ton of cramping and back pain. I'd go back to sleep for like fifteen minutes and then wake up again. Finally I was so uncomfortable I got up and sat at the computer...eventually I realized that this "pain" was coming regularly every 9-10 minutes so I woke my husband up and we went straight to the hospital!

I wish my story was more exciting than that! Haha. Maybe this time around...
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i was sitting in the living room then suddenly started screaming it was no fun
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• With my son,I went into labor around 6 am. I was induced with both of my daughter's. Sorry, not a funny one but a painful one!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• haha yeah i was on the treadmill just walking and i just got back from school and i really like to walk when i was prgo but it was cold out so i always got on the treadmill i know weird but yeah and i kept getting cramps but just thought it was cause i was so big and all the walking but i got off and they didnt go away i was a little scared and short after i had to go! but i had an emergancy C- section because i pushed to long and the nurses were tired that made me soo mad haha but it was kinda funny well the labor part haha
    Anonymous

• I was induced the first time. The second time I was shopping with my best friend. We also had plans to grill burgers and have a nice dessert. I absolutely refused to go to the hospital until I had eaten my dinner AND dessert because I knew I wasn't getting anything to eat at the hospital. Everyone was freaking out because my contractions were regularly 7 minutes apart, but I was fine with it and HUNGRY. He wasn't born until midnight, so I had plenty of time, lol.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Twice, I was sleeping. Once I was at bible class but that really wasn't labor. It was a weird pain, my placenta was abrupting.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ROFL at slw123! I wish I had had the foresight to eat all I could before I went to the hospital. I didn't get anything to eat for like 24 hours. :-P Bleh.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I was working on my son's baby blanket when my water broke. I was two weeks early, my husband was talking on the phone and I did not have my bags packed for the hospital. I starting working on the bags. My husband wanted me to talk on the phone, I ignored him or something. He hung up and asked me what my problem was. I told him I either peed my pants or my water broke. My husband the big bad cop stood in the hallway saying, "what do we do, what do we do." I ultimately ended up having a c-section. But still funny thinking of my hubby freaking out in the hallway!
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 10:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2008