Water or Juice Break at Day Care

I was wondering if Day Cares allow the kiddos to dring water/juice on demand or on schedule, meaning drinking water is only allowed during breakfast, lunch and snack times.

ClaribelC

Asked by ClaribelC at 11:34 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to work at a daycare. The kids had milk with breakfast and lunch, juice with snack, and could have water whenever they wanted in-between.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I would imagine it's like school where you get juice with breakfast lunch and snack and can ask to go to a water fountain or something to that effect throughout the day when needed.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• Thanks for the reply, I decided to switch day cares.. my current one is definately not working out...
    ClaribelC

Comment by ClaribelC (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i don't think they can schedule a water drink
    they should just be able to ask for a drink of water like i did when i was in school i just asked to get a drink and went to the fountain
    hydration helps all
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Each school is different. Even though you switched to a new day care, check that out. Kids usually have water at snack and lunch and only in between if they ask or have been doing something out of the ordinary that will make them thirsty.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2011