How soon is too soon to throw a birthday party?

All three of my kids have birthdays in the summer and since we just moved here we don't know enough people to invite for a party. I was thinking of throwing their party before school ends so they can have kids come. How soon is too soon to throw it?

DevinSkye

Asked by DevinSkye at 11:39 PM on Mar. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I dont see why it would hurt to throw them before school ends. That way you know people will show up. Being new somewhere can be stressful and you dont want your children to be upset if no one comes to their party. Plus it doesnt say on the invitations when their exact birthday is anyway so no one has to know. Throw their party and enjoy!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My daughter was born at the end of July. We were new to the state so her 5,6, & 7 th birthday were not great! I finally smartened up. For her 8th birthday I threw a party for her 2 weeks before the school year ended. She passed out invites a week before the party. We had 12 girls show up and it was the greatest party. Go for it!
    SiliMomi

Answer by SiliMomi at 1:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Sorry, another plus is that it gave me the chance to meet the kids and their parents, which was great because my daughter was able to have play dates during the summer, and I was able to have coffee w/ a couple of the moms
    SiliMomi

Answer by SiliMomi at 1:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think a end of year party is a great idea. Make it a weekend BBQ and invite the parents too this will help you get aquainted.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't think it would be of any harm to have it at school's end that way their friends can come and enjoy celebrating their birthdays
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's a great idea to do it before the end of school! That way they will be able to schedule more playtime with their new friends over the summer.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 2:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 1:17 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think it would be fine.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:18 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do a week before at the most usually
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:53 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with the timing you're thinking of.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2011