What kind of car should I get?

I have 3500 for a down payment from totaling my car a couple of months ago. So now I need to get a new car and I don't want my note to be more than 200 a month. I need a car that is reliable because I cannot afford to get a car repaired every few months. Any ideas?

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Shopping

• I think you should go to kbb.com or autotraders and look for a car the price range you need. If you really just want low payments and with a low downpayment you could lease a car but that would mean you have to give it up after so many months.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• have you tried one of those buy here pay here places they usually have you put a small amount of money down and then its usually like 50 dollars a week
    wmays

Answer by wmays at 9:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• honda!!!! I bought mine brand new 1997--she has 198,000 miles and keeps on ticking!!! I will never have another brand. The new honda civic hybrid is wonderful also. The fuel you will save, the room it has, the gas mileage will save you a lot in the end. They are having their year end sales and you can get a lot of deals of leasing and buying!!

good luck, but what ever you choose, just do your research!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• TOTALLY a honda. I'm on my 2nd one -- the first I had over 10 years, this is my 2nd it's awesome, great gas mileage and if you have money to put down you will have a wonderfully low payment!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i have a honda crv. i love it!!! get one that is a few years old to keep the payment low but if you dont want repairs you need a honda or toyota!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• buy a toyota... they are the best! I have a 2000 camry and my husband just bought a 2009 camry. (he works for toyota) LOVE THEM!! I really want to get a Toyota Rav 4 ( SUV) I won't ever buy anything else! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008