For how long and What temp do you cook a baked pototoe

????????

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If they are about medium sized, about an hour at about 375. Or, you can do it in the microwave. :) lol Just be sure to poke holes in them!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I know you weren't asking for a recipe, but the way I like to do them is smear them with bacon grease (or you could use butter) and salt and pepper them, then bake them at 450 for about 45 min or so. They get a crispy skin this way if you like to eat the skin...
    annonymous359

Answer by annonymous359 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• And yeah poke them beforehand, too!
    annonymous359

Answer by annonymous359 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Mmm, that sounds good!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• at 350-375 until they soften you can tell when you poke them
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• 375 for 45min to an hour. the time depends on the size of them. You will be able to poke them and they will be super soft. Although be sure to not leave them in to long because they will start to burn. I did that before and there was a hole in the center of them that burnt out lol. You can use the microwave on high...poke with a fork and rinse off. Place in the microwave and cook for about 5 min then check if they are soft. If not then nuke them again. I dont do it that way anymore because I managed to bust a plate in half because I made to many using the same plate and it got to hot. So its best to just set them on a papertowel. GOOD LUCK and enjoy!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• What kword said. You are better off microwaving them because it is faster.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I use potato nails. I insert the nails and bake at 425 for 35-40 minutes. The nails make the inside cook much faster. I often bake potatoes to use for mashed potatoes. They are so much more fluffy baked than boiled
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You need a good hot over and I've found that 450 is the best for me. They take about 45 minutes for a medium size potato. So baking them is great if you love the potato skin to taste really good. Of course you can microwave them if you're in a hurry but the skin does not have the same taste at all. No matter which way you do them, poke them with a fork a few times so that the steam can escape. A friend of mind did one in her microwave and forgot to poke some holes and the potato exploded inside! What a mess she had! She said it was like someone had flung a bowl of mashed potatoes in there!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:49 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• 375, an hour
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011