Life on the road

Don't really know what category this falls under. But is there anyone else on here raising their children on the road? My husband works for a company which requires us to be on the road 90% of the time. So we live & raise our 9 month old in motel rooms or if he's at a job for an extended period of time we rent an apartment. Usually we're in motel rooms with limited things from home & only have a microwave to cook with. Just wanting to meet & talk to other women in simular situation. Maybe swap ideas & such. Let me know!

kayleesmom42328

Asked by kayleesmom42328 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am not in that situation but I wish you well :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Do a google search on road school and you will find some links with other people in your exact situation. Their kids are older because they are teaching them on the road, but same concept. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Met some amazing parents/kids while living overseas who were doing a similar thing--but generally 2 to 3 months in one place at a time.

Our baby is due in a few weeks, and once baby's about a year old, we'll take up the lifestyle again...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I did it. It's difficult. We tried to get rooms with kitchenetts and used a hot plate to make some foods. Aslso tried to make sure the hotek had a pool so there was some activity. Used the laptp to find local parks.

Eventually we got a camper and stayed at parks. It was cheaper and normally a better stmosphere. Plus it was your own personal space.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011