Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Reporting a friends family member.

I have a friend and her cousin (in my opinion) should not be within 100 feet of ant child let let alone her own. i want to report her to child protective services i just dont want to upset my friend. well this woman smoked marijuana while she was pregnant with her now 6month old son who i feel is really under weight. her boyfriend beat her up and she kinda seems to like it and since the baby has been here nothing has changed when we have party's she would laugh and tel everyone about how she would smoke in the car with friends windows up and baby in hand i offered to baby sit one night because i felt like i could save the little guy mind you i hardly know this woman he reeked of weed and poo my god i cried and held him for hours she talks bad around him and tells him things that not even an 18 year old shouldn't here a parent say . my son is going to b two and i stopped going on play dates with my friend because she invites her and i dont want her around my son .. would i b a bad person to report her i know for a fact the baby will b taken away and i would with that on anyone but he needs help

Answer Question

Asked by missyluvsbrook at 12:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 3 (22 Credits)
Answers (16)
  • If you don't report it and something bad (or worse than what's already going on) happens, it will be on your conscience forever. You should report it.

    Answer by Kword at 12:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • Listen to your heart honey. Do you want to save that baby's life or keep a friendship? Even though my mother smoked weed and drank alcohol while pregnant with me I got lucky and turned out all right.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 12:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • Wow, didn't mean my post to sound so melodramatic. You HAVE to do what's best for that baby.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 12:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • lol it wasn't dramatic at all ... but i think i will i tryed to confront her about the situation and she got really hostile...

    Comment by missyluvsbrook (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • I would before something worse happens, if something worse happens you will feel guilty forever.

    Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • Honestly I would call and report her. You dont have to give your name. But that poor boy needs help. I have had to call on a friend before because she had 3 kids that were in dire need of help. She lost all 3 kids but in 3 months got them back because she cleaned up her act. It was a tough slap in the face but talking to her didnt help. But do what you feel is right.

    Answer by Shelii at 12:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • report asap

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • i would do it . its all about that baby and if you dont help who will

    Answer by momintexas3 at 12:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • I agree with Hatsumomo, If something really bad happens you will feel even worse than you do now. You can contact CPS anonymously, that way she won't know if it was you. I would rather be safe than sorry.


    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • when he cry she yells at him and calls him names and tells him she should have had an abortion, the kid never gets a break and hes only 6 months i want to call so bad but idk i guess i dont have an excuse..i hope this helps her clean up her act i never seen a child get treated like this and never had to face anything like this i hope she doesn't kick my butt she that type of person that would make it a fight idk how to put it but shes ghetto would be the best way to describe her i never meet any one like her so i guess you can say i am afraid to report her i fear for my child and our family's safety

    Comment by missyluvsbrook (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.