How much did you spend on your wedding? Need help..

Was it your dream wedding? If you could do it over would you spend a different amount of money?

My busband-to-be and I have around 50k to spend on the wedding. I could have a great wedding for that amount but I'm thinking maybe I should save some of it for our 3-yr-old daughter's future?? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well I suppose it depends on the amount and stability of your income.

We spent more than $90,000 on our wedding and yes, it was my dream wedding, but we both had stable jobs and a very good income. If that hadn't been the case I would have prefered to do a sipler wedding and save the rest for the future.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i spent 200$. marriage license and paying a judge to marry us. it wasnt my dream wedding but then again i didnt really have a dream wedding? i dont think id do it over again either im completely happy with how we did it :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had a courthouse wedding and I wish I was able to have the whole thing....My family wasnt even there. I say make your wedding how you want it...but at the same time dont over do it.....you can get a good dj that dosnt cost 10000.....But make it how you want it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I confess - we got a deal on the wedding, had an amazing honeymoon, and saved the rest.

My wedding video is lovely and it was a wonderful day.

The honeymoon was a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

And our rate of return on the invested amount had been solid (despite the downturn in the stock market) and will be even better when we need it.

I wouldn't change a thing.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 12:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My parents paid for the bulk of it...my ILs paid for the flowers (MIL works in a flowershop...well, kinda...so she got a discount) and the "rehearsal dinner" was at their house too. If you include that and the bridesmaids dresses and tuxes (party paid for those themselves) it probably came to about $10,000 tops.

It could've been more lavish...but I didn't want my parents to spend a lot. I always knew I wanted it on the water, and I got that. Originally I had looked into hotels on the beach, but they were too expensive. Parents didn't give me a budget, but I knew that I couldn't go overboard and it's not even in my nature to even try to do that.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:25 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• oh...would I call it my DREAM wedding...probably not, but I loved it and had a great time, and honestly, now that we had it, I really wouldn't change anything!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oh - I should be more clear. We really did not spend much on the wedding. (I couldn't justify spending lots of money on a single day of our lives). And I am glad we didn't because it went so fast for us. We were lucky that we got good deals.

We did splurge on the honeymoon and it was well worth it.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 12:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• with the dress, cake and gas money to drive to Laughlin and back?
    about $320.00

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Only expense for us was the license. We spent the money instead on 9 months of living overseas after the wedding. One amazing day could never eclipse our 9 amazing months!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We just paid for the license and clothes and went to the courthouse. It was fine.
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2011