Anyone else have a man that goes through more jobs than you go through shoes?

I was 15 and he was 17 when we met. We were married after 4 years together. We only have 1 boy that is 5. We have been together for almost 11 years. He has gone through 14 jobs in this time. It's stressful and I see what people say about settling down too young. I am currently in school and just can't take this right now. I thought we would grow up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• 14 jobs, eleven years. What kind of work? There are actually fields where this is common... IT contracting comes to mind, where you can be in a contract for six months or a year and then have to look for a new job. My husband's been in a few positions like that.

I just looked at my resume... six jobs in the past decade. Of course, I'm working two of them at this moment! But each move was part of a progression.

Has he had long stretches of unemployment? Has he been changing jobs because he was fired for cause, or because of things beyond his control? Or because he can't make up his mind? In other words, is it flakiness or are there mitigating circumstances? It's something to consider. The days of working one job till retirement are pretty much a thing of the past.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Wow thats a lot of jobs. But he does have a job and does go to his job. I can see if he didn't work continuously in those jobs, like if he had one job for a month then quit for 6 months, than found another job that lasted 2 weeks, then quit and went a year without a job. It's good that he atleast has a job now. There's so many people out there that probably needs his job now.
    My DH and I have been together for 4 years and has had 6 jobs. One he quit to go to a better paying job, but the rest were because of lay offs or the economy. He now has one of the best jobs he could posibbly want. It may be tough to but it could be worse in that he could not have a job at all.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Hey, at least he has a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• IDK but this question surely deserves a bump...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 2:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• After 11 years, Honey If you can not figure it all out.

I really, feel sorry for you ?
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011