Should i get her a big girl baby or a baby baby?

we plan on buying my two year old daughter a baby stella as a gift from the new baby to keep her from getting jealous.
but we're not sure if we should make it a baby so she can take care of it how mommy takes care of the new baby and buy a feeding set and diaper bag that comes with it..
or if we should make the doll a big girl like her and buy the potty so it can potty train and give up paci (and such) with her.

which do you think would be more theraputic for my girl?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 12:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would do a baby baby, those potty training dolls are useless
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• it doesn't pee or anything, it would just sit on the little potty next to hers i guess.

the peeing ones just sound like a big mess to me. i don't need anything else to stain the carpet
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Whatever the toy make sure she gets extra attention when the baby comes home. Some of the best advice I ever got was to make it about the older children for awhile whan a new baby comes home. They need to know they have not been replaced and are still special. Have her be your big helper too with getting diapers, wipes, etc. And praise her a lot. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2011