Why am I having diarrhea? I thought I was supposed to be constipated!

Ugh...my stomach bubbles after everything I eat. It's annoying! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• oh sorry forgot to say...im 5 weeks prego
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i feel your pain but im 35 weeks right now and it was the same with my last pregnancy
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• maybe you caught a small bug, remember to drink lots of clear liquids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i'm at the end and i feel like i'm on the toilet more than i eat. i think i have diaper rash
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 12:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• does ginger ale count as clear liquid? lol.....i kinda hope its a bug bc then itll go away! I dont want to have this the rest of my pregnancy :( yeah...my butthole hurts from wiping so much! haha sorry TMI
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am saying this in all seriousness. The only thing that is going to make you feel better is 9 months from now when you give birth. Your body is going to do the opposite of everything you think it should do from this point until the baby is born. People will tell you "you're gonna be hungry" instead you'll be nauseated. People will tell you "now you should feel the baby move," and your kid will sleep all day and scare the crap outta you.
    To answer "I thought I was supposed to be constipated" is if you're taking a pre-natal vitamin many of them now add a stool (poop) softner to them because pre-natals are high in iron which makes people constipated. Check your vitamins. If they have a stool softener try to find a brand that doesn't. If you can't tell,bring them up to the pharmacist and they can tell you. I hope you feel better.
    PurpleOpal

Answer by PurpleOpal at 12:49 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thank you PurpleOpal! I did not know that about Prenatals :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had (have) the same problem. Just try to stay hydrated. And LOL the "butthole pain' from wiping!
    ericsangel82

Answer by ericsangel82 at 1:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Stay hydrated. Try the BRAT diet and use wet wipes, they clean better and are more gentle.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• stay hydrated! Hopefully it will go away soon
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011