How can I get my six month old to drink formula?

My daughter has been breastfeed sice she was three years old now at six months formula makes her projectile vomit and shake she is terrifed of the smell and pokes her lips when she thinks formla is in her bottle what do I do?

micahmariemom

Asked by micahmariemom at 12:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well I am a little confused by the question but it sounds like it could be a reaction to the formula and you should contact the doctor tomorrow.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Call the doctor. Don't feed her anymore formula until you've spoken to your doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Call the doctor, she may need the soy formula for lactose sensitivity.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Continue to breastfeed and drop the formula. Why are you trying to introduce formula?

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• call her doctor and talk to them and see what they suggest
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm guessing you meant three weeks? Or three days? (Or perhaps she grows younger instead of older... wise child!)

This particular formula isn't working... try a different one. Your doctor can make recommendations.

Or you can go back to breastfeeding. If you don't want to, that's quite understandable and your decision... but if someone has told you that you MUST wean for X, Y or Z reason... the odds are that they are incorrect. And if someone is trying to force you to wean because they don't like breastfeeding... I'll lend you my baseball bat!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I got Thrush in my breast and LO got it to. Not fun for either of us. So I decided to stop nursing and put him on formula. my LO got sick and vomited from his mouth and nose it was really heart breaking. He was having bad gas and crying alot. I was still nursing once a day so I decided to switch back to Nursing. It hasnt been easy but its working out he is down to 8 oz of formula a day. (trying to get him off that) I think my LO couldnt take the Lactose. I am intolerant and so is my DD so I think that was his problem. Try Prosobe or gentle ease if you really need to stop nursing but if not then Go back to nursing.

yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 2:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2011