why do you think obama children should go to a private school

just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Who said anyone thought that?
    LikeItOrNot

Answer by LikeItOrNot at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Don't all of the first-children attend some sort of private school? I don't know why obama would be any different, it's got to be a security nightmare to have children that young in the white house.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Because the public schools in that area bite and security for the girls.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I could care less what school they go to. *yawn*
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Ok where should they go to school? I mean if there has to be bennies in being a Pres not to mention some sicko might try to do something stupid.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 9:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Safety. It would be much harder for the Secret Service to secure a public school.

And no, they don't HAVE to go to private school. Chelsea Clinton did but Amy Carter didn't. However, the world is a little more dangerous now than it was in the 70's when Amy went to school.

And besides, they attend private school now. Why should their parents change?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Fiveofakind2 perfect answer!!
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• ok listen to all the ignorant people that wants to say useless things ..my advice to you is kick rocks..this person asked a question if you not going to answer keep your dum thoughts to your self ..you are not abligated to answer anythingsso if your not going to be nice then keep it moving and save your childish answers for yourself and to answer your question i think that they should go to private school because of safety issuse i mean not eveyone wanted obama to win ( i wanted him to win tho ..yay) but you can never be to sure
    amiyamom

Answer by amiyamom at 10:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I think either way they will be some of the safest children in America. If the Obamas choose a private school then that school will have even tighter security. Private schools don't necessarily have better security measures than public schools. In fact, some public schools I have been in had better security than the private schools I have been in. However, if they attend a local public school I am also equally sure it will be one of the most safest schools to send any child due to the mega beef in security. No matter what the Obamas do they will be criticized for their decision. Being Ivy League snobs if they send their children to private schools or trying to pretend to be like an average American if they go to a public school to win over the public. Its a parents right to determine what is best for their children. I'm not going to second guess theirs'.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• The Obama children already attend a 'private' school, why should that change now? That is a parent's perogative on what school/schools they want their children to attend..no matter if their last name is Obama. For many years I lived in Chicago, my children attended a Catholic school, because it was what I thought was best for my young children. And being the neighborhood we lived in at the time wasn't all that great, it definitely was a 'safety' concern/issue for me.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 10:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008