What are some filling meals?

I'm in need of some filling meals for break-feast, lunch, and dinner. Some things I already have come up with is oatmeal, potatoes and whole wheat rice.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 1:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes you can add lentils & mild products in that list as well as a few fruits like bananas and apples...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes you can add lentils & milk products in that list as well as a few fruits like bananas and apples...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• For breakfast i like oatmeal with dried cranberries, walnuts and a sprinkle of brown sugar. Good lunches are peanut butter and honey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, and homemade soups. Good dinners are chicken stir fry with brown rice, ham bean soup with cornbread, roasted chicken with roasted root veggies and whole grain rolls, and there's a baked potato meal i make that the kids love. I cook a bag of brocolli and cheese, heat some diced ham, bake the potatoes, and top them with the ham, brocolli and cheese all mixed in. they love it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Milk is filling. I really do not know what else.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Anything with protein will keep you feeling full longer than carbs (potato, oatmeal, and rice) alone.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Lentil tacos
    bean and sweet potato burritos
    chili

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• White potatoes are not going to keep you full for long, and rice isn't whole wheat - it's white or brown, and brown is the better choice. Anything with legumes is filling & will keep you full, 100% whole wheat pasta, plenty of fruits & veggies, lean proteins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Bean burritos. Sometimes I just heat refries w/cheese and dip in with tortilla chips. Very filling
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Soup. Drinking water. veggies. The less sugary type foods you eat the less hungry you will be.
    Anonymous

• Vegetables
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011