Cutting Planned Parenthood Funds?

Is anyone else against this? Why? Have you ever been to planned parenthood for any services?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• and as fir the above comment stating women are second class citizens. I think it is far worse than that. When you can beat your wife and pay a fine less than the fine you would have for abusing your dog....it is clear where women stand when it comes to our representatives.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Tough economic times... It's time to get government spending under control... NEWSFLAS: The well has run dry..... It's time for philanthropy to step up and show Americans how compassionate they are... Oprah? Soros? Michael Moore? Where are you? Joy Behar? Rosie O'Donnell? Come on, step up... If politicians can raise as much money as they do, I don't see why places like PP can't raise money...... Taxpayers don't need to pay..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't believe that the tax paying public should be paying for everyone else's health care whether it is through PP or Obamacare, or any other subsidized method. What part of personal responsibility is so hard to understand ~ for those making use of these services?!?

I pay for my insurance and my health care ~ and I frequently have to do withOUT things I WANT. Occasionally I've had to go without things I NEED. Why? Because I understand that NO one else is responsible for ME or MINE but myself and my husband. I would NOT go get reduced meds or care just because I CAN, or because I can and I'd RATHER spend my hard earned money on fun stuff instead of mundane medical care. There ARE low cost options that are NOT tax payer funded ... I guess for some they just aren't free enough or cheap enough.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I see some people have seemed to forgotten that alot of these women CAN'T AFFORD to run out and pay 50-500 for birth control.

I see some people are sadly illiterate and don't understand the words typed in front of them. PP is NOT THE ONLY SOURCE OF FREE BC. The VNA and your local clinic offer the same. You don't have to have medicaid to go there, and you pay on a sliding scale - meaning whatever the amount is on your pay stub determines how much you pay for your services. If it's low enough, it's free. Just because you've never bothered to spend 30 seconds looking for alternatives to PP doesn't mean they don't exist. Laziness (fortunately for us all) does not dictate reality.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's redundant. There are other places available for those same services through other organizations. The same clinics and departments that administer WIC and medicaid also provide free and low-cost care to the uninsured, including free bc and sliding scale pap smears and exams. There is no reason to fund multiple organizations when we're BROKE if we don't have to.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• SO, we should continue borrowing money to support planned parenthood so, women can continue to get free birth control. When does the personal responsibility take effect? At some point people need to stop relying so heavily on the government. And exactly how is this limiting women's choices? No one said you can't have the BC, they are just saying that taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for it. Planned Parenthood has plenty of resources to acquire income they should not be relying on government money either.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No and No. I think my tax dollars can be much better utilized. They will just have to cut their managements pay and benefits and start having more fundraisers. Celebrities love fundraisers.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This is a non-profit organization that takes in millions and has assets in the millions if not billions. Why do they need Gov. funding?
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• To answer the question, no I am not against the gov. cutting their funding and no I don't think it's an attack on women. I haven't been to any of their clinics but my daughter has and she doesn't like them. Actually I think, if anything, the Gov. should stop them from treating under-age kids without parental consent.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 9:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This coming from someone who uses MaterialGirl as a name? So what if they can't afford birth control? There are condoms you know. Even free ones. Health centers will give the Depo very cheaply or even free in some instances. Every one can afford some form of birth control. Or better yet how about they NOT HAVE SEX!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 18, 2011