Lasik eye surgery

Anyone have it done, or know of someone who has? What's the average cost of the surgery?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 2:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• DO NOT DO IT! Your eyes out grow it and when you get cateracts - which every one does - you can not have that fix because of the surgery forever changed your eyes. Since it was cut clean open and the eye does not fix it self like skin does.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My husband had it done several years ago. It was about $3,000. He has been very, very happy with it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:21 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You also lose the ability to drive night cause your night vision is screwed up.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Lasik costs $3,000-$4,000 +.

Cataracts can be fixed after Lasik. You just need to know your original glasses or contact prescription and a measure of the curvature of the cornea before Lasik. This should be part of your medical record at the Lasik surgery center and you will need to request a copy of it for when you need cataract surgery in the future. You may even need multiple cataract surgeries, but it can be done.

And the flap eventually does heal quite securely, and does not just lie there flapping in the breeze, indefinitely. Corneal transplants, despite being much more invasive than Lasik flaps and consisting of imperfectly cross-matched cadaver tissue, ultimately heal so completely that they provide strength and structural integrity for the eye. This is additional evidence that Lasik flaps do heal very securely and eventually contribute at least to some degree to the bio-mechanical strength of the cornea
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My DH and I both had it done almost 12 years ago. My DH's job (LAPD) paid everything except for our co-pay of $200 total for each of us. The cost was back then $2500 per eye(some people only need one eye done) or $5000. We couldn't pass up such a great deal at the time. We were apprehensive at first because of the unknown for what the future will hold for our eyesight but we were tired of wearing glasses. We haven't had any problems as of yet. We were just told that our eyesight after 40 will do the normal aging process of possibly needing reading glasses sometime after our 40's. At night there are at times if we are tired rings around lights but that is about it. We were never told about getting cataracts only that we will need reading glasses when we get older. Maybe they didn't know back then or it depends on the type of laser they use I am not sure but now I am a little freaked and going to make an eye appt. to find out.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• a girl I work with just had it done at 1,500 per eye. She had no issues and was not restricted or cautioned about night driving. She paid with hers with Care Credit which seems like a pretty good idea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My nephew had it done recently and is very happy with it. The night time vision is slowly getting better
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I want that surgery so bad. I'm just scared! Everyone I know who has done it, loves the results. My eye doctor did tell me that if I were to have another baby after the surgery, it could cause my vision to decrease a little
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 8:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Laser eye surgery cost very expensive because it is around $2000-$3500 per eye, and I think this surgery don't use any anasthaetic? It's a little bit frightful that's why I didn't try this laser eye surgery instead I try the natural vision correction, It is more about eye exercises and healhty diets. You can try also the method that I've tried. Here is the link
    http://bit.ly/HowGetRidOfYourGlasses
    It is very natural way of enhancing one's eye that's why you don't have to worry about the side effects.
    MikeCoza

Answer by MikeCoza at 2:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2012