Delayed period after Paraguard removal...already talked to Dr....he sounded almost unsure!!!

So I guess this is a last resort for me, but I had my IUD removed, it was a paraguard (copper-0 hormones) and I had it removed 2 weeks ago, due to visiting the ER with some cysts that ruptured on my ovary's. Well this is the one month in almost a year I didn't calculate my period. I wrote it down in an old phone that I'm not using now.

Well 2 days after having it removed I had sex and spent 40 dollars (yes 40) on condoms and spermicide alone. So we were protected, but yesterday it hit me....where is my period?

I found my old phone and did all the calculations and not only did I have it removed right around the time of my ovulation I was a day late. And the only time I ever went a day over 25 days was when I was pregnant with my son. Well were going on day 27 and I'm a little freaked out!!! I called and my dr said maybe my IUD removal? But even he sounded a little aprehensive, like he doesn't hear that often.

I took a test and it came back neg, I guess I just could use some answers!!! Has anyone experienced this with the PARAGUARD not MARINA. I know the marina messes up your period where the Paraguard does not.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. for the record....IDK if I want another!!!!!

CamdenandMommy

Asked by CamdenandMommy at 2:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call a different doctor.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• your body needs to get used to the hormones again
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011