If u been with someone 4 7 years and u know there flaws how do u make them forgive u if u cheated but all along u let them do whatever they wanted???????????

like cheat even that uknew about it,inthe begining u where freinds but open about everything.

lee2373

Asked by lee2373 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Well u stayed with him knowing his flaws and u can't force someone to forgive u. They either will or not, no gray area here.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You can't make the person do anything. Cheating on each other doesn't sound like a very good relationship either. All you can do is make sure you don't cheat anymore. Or maybe just call it quits.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If neither one of you is committed to the relationship, there's no real relationship there anyway. And yeah, you can't MAKE someone forgive you. It's not something you have control over.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You can not make some one forgive you. If he has been with you that long I don't think he's going anywhere. But until he decides that he can live with what has happened then life for you maybe a living hell. Men has 2 standards, one they live by and one they expect woman to live by. They are as different as dark and daylight. good luck.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 4:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You cannot force someone to forgive you. Cheating for many of us in a deal breaker. You cannot compare leaving the cap of the toothpaste to cheating on your spouse....Cheating is more than a flaw.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You can't make him forgive you. Just because you allowed him to do things you weren't really comfortable with doesn't mean he will give you free rein too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Me personally. If I were in that situation.

I would think:

I chose to stay with someone regardless of their flaws, actions, and past behaviors. That is a choice I made, knowingly and willingly. I made that choice for my reasons.

It would be up to my husband to make the choice to stay with me or not if we were in that situation. I can not expect or demand he make the same choice I did. He would have to make his own choice for his own reasons. I would have to respect his choice just like I had expected him to respect and honor mine.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well its a 2 way street he cheated from the start and you did later in life, when you talk about it and he gets mad remind him of all the times he cheated any you stayed with him and forgave him, it takes 2 and he needs to be willing to forgive you as you did him. WOW 47 years is a long time.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 5:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If he hasn't forgiven you in 47 years, chances are he won't.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 1:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011