For Fun

How did everyone's water break? And how soon after did the baby come?

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 10:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• #1 it broke in the hospital and baby was born around 30 minutes later
    #2 was at home but I did not like feeling rushed LOL I literally went out to eat and everything before going to the hospital. I would say about 4 hours
    #3 was at my Grandmas house and again I do not like to feel rushed so I ate my dinner before going to the hospital. DD was born like 7 hours later (she was a slow poke!)
    BTW it really freaks people out when you are sitting there and it is all quiet and you suddenly say "oh I forgot to mention that my water broke a few hours ago" You have never seen people move so fast in your whole life!!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• What were you doing when your water broke is what i mean.
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 10:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• With my second I was on my hands and knees with a squitr bottle try to get our new kitten out from under my bed. I stood up and bam the water started flowing. lol
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 10:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I was already in the hospital laboring, I was at 7cm and the nurse came in and asked me how I was doing, and I started to tell her fine, but I felt this HUGE gush and i was dumbfounded! lol. She asked if I was alright and I said "I think my water just broke!" and she lifted the sheet and said oh yes it did, lol.

I started pushing probably about 30mins later, and baby was born 2 hours after that.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• We had just gone to bed and my husband had just shut off the light. I had just said, "Ah, Melon (what we called Bobby on the inside!) is kicking...aw, and there's little hands!" and then I felt a little *snap* down low and then a gush of water. At first, I thought Baby had kicked my bladder, as I had just decided to ignore the gotta-pee feeling since I'd already been up twice...and then it kept coming. I just kind of gasped and told my husband, "Get some towels!" I'd been sleeping on a waterproof bassinet pad in case it were to happen in my sleep, SO GLAD I was prepared! It bought us the time for hubby to get the towels, because the water just kept gushing and gushing. I finally had Justin help lift me to the ground so I could keep holding the towels underneath me and I shuffled into the bathtub, where I stood to call the hospital and let the flow slow to a trickle. Baby was born 19 hours and 20 minutes later! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I woke up around 8 am and i felt a little wet, and i'm like oh, the baby probably just rolled on my bladder and made me pee a little, but as i stood up, even more water just poured out and down my legs, and i'm like, ummm, i know i didn't pee myself then. So i hollered at my dad and brother to get some towels because my mom and fiance were at work and we were still remodeling our home so we were staying at my parents, and as soon as i said my water broke, my dad and little brother were up the stairs in about 3 seconds and my dad was freaking out. He wouldn't let me drive myself to the doctor but i told him we were atleast taking my car cause his smelled like smoke. My daughter was born 13 hours later at 9:02 pm. Contractions never started and they still had to induce me.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I woke up at 2:35Am and decided it was time to go pee for the 10th time that night(this was the early morning of my due date) I stood up from the bed and felt like a gush of warm whatever come out...not a lot, just got my panties wet. Then went to the bathroom, peed, changed my liner...by the time I walked back to the room my liner was soaked again. So I read for about an hour about water breaking and then took a shower and went to the hospital. My baby was born at 4:05pm with 3 full hours of straight pushing.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• my water broke on the toilet when I was pregnant w/ my daughter. lol i think i had her about 30 mins after that. ( I had to be rushed to the hospital by the abulence.) if I didn't call 911 when I did, she would of been delivered at my house.lol
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 11:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2008