Should I be having really bad cramps, like I'm having my period?

Babycakes82

Asked by Babycakes82 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, first off, how far along are you? Are you bleeding or anything else happening with it?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Nope. I felt like I was having pre-menstrual cramps at 33 weeks and I was going into pre-term labor.

Any cramps should be reported to your doctor ASAP.

(SIDE NOTE: If you are in the begining stages of pregnancy, a lot of women have light cramping for the first month or two. That is normal. The later you are in pregnancy the less normal it is.)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'm only a month. No bleeding. It just comes and goes.
    Babycakes82

Answer by Babycakes82 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had cramps for the first 3 months when I was prego all 3 times so I would say it is normal. I even had 3 periods while prego though so who knows lol.
    If you are concerned talk to your doctor about it. Also try to take it easy for a few days just in case.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Here's a link about cramaping in early pregnancy:
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Cramps-During-Early-Pregnancy---Tips-To-Help-Reduce-The-Pain&id=522063

The gist is that it's normal and nothing to worry about unless it is severe, localized to one side of your lower abdomen, or accompanied by bleeding.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i had cramps like that for a few months, also i spotted. everything was normal. if you have really bad cramps and are bleeding like a period go to a doctor right away. You are going to feel alot of werid things though out the preg.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 11:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008