Late period....Paraguard removal, I did have sex after but used a condom.

So I guess this is a last resort for me, but I had my IUD removed, it was a paraguard (copper-0 hormones) and I had it removed 2 weeks ago, due to visiting the ER with some cysts that ruptured on my ovary's. Well this is the one month in almost a year I didn't calculate my period. I wrote it down in an old phone that I'm not using now.

Well 2 days after having it removed I had sex and spent 40 dollars (yes 40) on condoms and spermicide alone. So we were protected, but yesterday it hit me....where is my period?

I found my old phone and did all the calculations and not only did I have it removed right around the time of my ovulation I was a day late. And the only time I ever went a day over 25 days was when I was pregnant with my son. Well were going on day 27 and I'm a little freaked out!!! I called and my dr said maybe my IUD removal? But even he sounded a little aprehensive, like he doesn't hear that often.

I took a test and it came back neg, I guess I just could use some answers!!! Has anyone experienced this with the PARAGUARD not MARINA. I know the marina messes up your period where the Paraguard does not.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. for the record....IDK if I want another!!!!!

CamdenandMommy

Asked by CamdenandMommy at 3:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• After stopping any kind of birth control, it's expected to be late or completly miss periods and have irregular cycles for up to a year. It can take that long for your body to regulate out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't have any experience with IUDs, but I agree with Jademom - your body is needing to regulate itself
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• wait a week, retest. If its still negative then give yourself time to get back to normal.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thanks guys, I started today. Of course my son's dad had to be a total freaking ass about it all. Like why should he care!!!! He's with another woman! I HATE MEN!
    CamdenandMommy

Comment by CamdenandMommy (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011