ran DH cellphone thru the washer, is there any hope saving it?

Julia0331

Asked by Julia0331 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I've heard people say they put the phone in the freezer??? No idea how well that worked, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I've done that before! And his phone worked for a long time after that.. shake as much water out as you can.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• take it apart and let it dry for a day or so before you turn it on and use it. dry it out with the hair dryer a little. i was very dittzy when i was pregnant. i did it three times lol. all mine worked. turn it off now and dry it good before turning it on
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I dropped my phone in a bucket of water once. What I did was take everything completely apart the best I could, then I laid all the pieces (except the battery) on a cookie sheet, and stuck it in the oven on the LOWEST setting possible. I took it out about a half hour later and put it together and it's still working to this day. But if you do this, leave your oven door cracked and check on it every few minutes to make sure it's not getting to hot. You don't want to melt or permanently damage anything.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• lol i did the same thing...but then i dryed it also lol it was dead!
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 11:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Maybe...take the back of the phone off and the battery off...then lay it to dry on an absorbant towel or paper towels. When you think its dry...let it sit a little longer and then put it together and see if it works...if it doesn't then try taking it apart and letting it dry some more. Good luck.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 12:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I spilled just a small amount of water on my old phone and it never worked right again no matter what I did.
    trusting_in_HIM

Answer by trusting_in_HIM at 1:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• WELL! Why'd you go and do a thing like that for?! LOL sorry, couldn't resist. What? didn't you have enough to do already without making more work for yourself?! GL

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2008