How do YOU stay cool??

35 weeks pregnant here. I live in the south and don't have central AC. My bedroom has a window unit, and I go back there to cool off every once in awhile. But I can't stay back there all there all the time! Any sure fire ways to help cool off? I'm melting over here!

Oh, and any ways to combat heat rashes? I have them on the back/sides of my neck and on the crooks of my elbows/knees.

CreativeSpirit

Asked by CreativeSpirit at 12:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Keeping cool: Freeze a bottle of water. Keep the bottle with you and as the water melts drink from it. You can place the bottle on your forehead or neck to cool you down.

Heat rashes: Try baby powder or something similar. Keep the area as cool and dry as you can.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I am 30 weeks pregnant here in CA and its been 112-114 degrees here all week so I know what you are going through. Have you seen any personal misters? You can fill it with iced water and then when you get really hot you can spray yourself, it comes with a hose and a nozzle so you get cooled down but not soaked wet! The other thing that helps is something you put around your neck. Its made of fabric, and filled with something like they put in disposable diapers, I put it in iced water and it absorbs it, then I put it around my neck so it feels great - when it gets warm I just put it back in the iced water again!
    Hope this helps!
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 12:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• take a cool shower or bath
    Anonymous

• Eat lots of popsicles :) Munch on small ice chips. Sit in the shade with a spritzer bottle of cool water to spray yourself with.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Eat & drink everything cold! Stay by a fan and take cold showers!
    Good Luck! I was pregnant in HUMID Tenn. and couldnt stop getting sick! Def. trying to plan the next one :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008