Does anyone have diabetic neuropathy?

I am trying to figure out if the pains I have are due to neuropathy or are something else. It feels as though someone is stabbing me with a needle. Last night while I was in bed it was in two places on my foot. I got up to double check, no bugs, not a mark on my skin.
My dad was a very brittle diabetic and I have bad control over my sugars. I was wondering if that sounds familiar. Anon, cuz I don't like people to know about my health.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Health

• neuropathy can feel like pins and needles,or it can be your fingers or toes starting to go numb. I know I often wake up with my hand fallen asleep. Annoying, but thankfully once you get your blood sugar under control the nerves can heal.

I know mines getting better when I prick my finger for a blood test and I actually feel it more.
    Talk to your Dr. about this. If it is neuropathy, there is treatment for it.
    LisaAC

Answer by LisaAC at 11:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I always get pins and needles. I mean even when I am using my hands, they can go numb or I get pins and needles. Same with my feet.I never knew that was part of it. I thought that was vascular. :(
    Anonymous