Do you think my mom senses that im pregnant? i just found out about a week ago.

My mom called herself cleaning yesterday and she knows that my room is off limits until i get home cause she always end up throwing away things i want. So she went into my room and i said everything on the selves is staying so dont touch cause that where i was hiding my vitamins and everything i want. I go off to school and when she picked(she had the car for the day), she immediately before i could get into the car goes "why do you have prenatal vitamins?" and out of panic and pure surprise and natural reflex a lie came out my mouth. And she started asking questions and to cover that lie more lies came out and i got all defensive. I know i need to tell her but im not completely ready, my bf comes down this weekend and that when we was gonna tell my parents. Thing is after that conversation, she didnt mention it or tell my dad. She left the vitamins in its exact place and didnt throw them out. I could tell my mom wasnt buying the lie but out of partial trust she was like ok.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Of course she knows, she's a mother.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Better off to tell them soon, I understand not being ready/wanting to. But if yo do not intend to terminate, it will not be easy to hide for long.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:12 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would have to say she probably knows and is waiting for you to tell her. She was probably hoping that since she broke the ice you would be honest with her although she understands. I agree you need to tell her and if you are waiting for your BF to be in town then I would explain that to her when you talk to her. She might be upset that you lied to her although it sounds like she will get over that.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Why did you lie to your mother? You know she's going to know the truth pretty soon anyway, and now, she's not only going to have to deal with the fact of your pregnancy, she is also going to have to deal with the fact that her daughter lied to her about it when she asked. If I were you, I would go to her at the first opportunity, tell her you lied, ask her to forgive you, and hope that she does. You are going to need her support more than you know, and it would be a really good idea for you to do your best to straighten out as much of the mess as you possibly can. As a mother, I can tell you that nothing hurts quite so much as having a child lie to you about anything, let alone something as important as this is.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i know it was stupid of me to lie, i just paniced. she caught me off guard. i can honestly say it wasnt the first time ive lied to my mom but i dont usually lie to her. with my dad being the jerk he is, my mom and i are really close and i dont want to the disappointment to her that my dad always takes me as. ive worked hard to prove my dad wrong and i made one mistake and im scared. the last conversation i had with my dad he said to my mom "why dont i just stop being a father to her" and before that he told me to get out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I knew my dd was pregnant both times before she was. We just know. Plus she found your vitamins, she is fully aware you are pregnant and lying to her.

Answer by gemgem at 7:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• oooooooohhhh trust me SHE KNOW'S!!! She's a mother! First time I was prego I told my mom to get on the computer so I could talk to her, because i was living w/ my now-ex SO, after initial convo, she said she knew what was about to be said. Second time I was prego i texted her from work, she said she already knew but was waiting for me to tell her

it's amazing how mother's know everything ''/ kinda creepy lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think she knows I would just sit down wiht her and say you suprised me when you asked i was waiting for bf to come so we could tell you together Good Luck Mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well, yes she knows. Since she straight-out asked you about pre-natal vitamins, you should have just told her that you were going to wait until your boyfriend was there to tell her, but it appears she already knows and just told the truth. Best wishes with the new baby.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, she knows. Both my husband and I knew before my daughter did. Lying about it isn't going to help things, either. You need to come clean and start rebuilding the trust that was lost.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011