What is the best home remedy for getting rid of dandruff?

I have tried head and shoulders and many OTC dandruff shampoos without any relief and was wondering if anyone has a good home remedy that actually works!

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 7:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• Coconut oil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• White vinegar (leave it on with a shower cap until it dries) then shampoo it out. Stinks like crazy but works. A few treatments makes a big difference.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If you buy some generic, uncoated aspirin ( not tylenol) and crush them, then put them in a small amount of shampoo to form a paste then rub directly on your scalp. Let set about a half hour and wash out with any dandruff or regular shampoo. always works! Aspirin has a salicylic base which is used as a mild dermabrasion, and will slough off all those dry dead skin cells and reveal a clear pink scalp when used at least weekly. GL

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Shannon, I sell Pure Romance products are we have a product called Miracle oil. It can turn a regular shampoo into a dandruff shampoo, and a dandruff shampoo into a MEDICATED dandruff shampoo! I have recommended it to SEVERAL of my customers and they have each had positive reviews! Here is my website, in case you want to check it out!

www.nicolegiesey.pureromance.com

Have a great day!
    mrsgiesey

Answer by mrsgiesey at 8:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• avocado : Peel the avocado becareful not to cut into the skin under the peeling it is the darker flesh on top of the meat of the avocado, cut in half, remove the seed. Add two cups of tomato juice,Put into the blender, add one level teaspoon of Kyo-Green and liquid Kyolic aged garlic extract. Then squeeze in a dash of lemon or lime juice. Season with a little granulated kelp. Set on variable low speed and mix for 1 1/2 minutes.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's expensive, but they say Nizoral works. Something about some people being more sensitive to normal scalp bacteria or yeast, Nizoral kills some of the stuff.
    FruitCandy

Answer by FruitCandy at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Tea Tree Oil. :)
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 2:11 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have ezema or psorisi on my scalp and have tried everything too,I finally tried rinsing my hair with apple cider vinegar...poured the whole quart on my head making sure it got down to the scalp. My head felt the best it had in a long time and my hair...soft,silky and wow! the smell went away when my hair was dry.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 8:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• vinegar works for sure! :)
    cageybaby

Answer by cageybaby at 12:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• for the ladies who used the apple cider vinegar did you shampoo as usual and then poor that over your head? Did you use conditioner too or does the vinegar act as a conditioner?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2011