Anyone know what the Kimberly Home Pregnancy Resource Center is? If so..i have a question for you and if not, can you try to answer please.

I have an appointment with them next week, im pregnant. They know i got a positive pregnant test. I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me how the appointment might go. Im really nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don;t know about that place in particular but I can tell you they will have you fill out paper work including some family history on births. They will get you weight and do another pregnancy test in the office. they MIGHT do some blood work, give you a pap smear and a breast exam.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well they will ask you the first day of your last period to get an idea on how far along you are.They will just do basic information like when was your last pap exam,health history and they might do bloodwork.They really don't do a whole lot the first time.They will give you info on what to expect as far as what you need to do while you are pregnant-I know I got a packet like this with both my kids.They will answer any questions you may have.
    shannon2206

Answer by shannon2206 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Sounds like the pregnancy life care center in our area. They don't do any "medical" services except a basic pregnancy test. It's not a doctors office, it's there for support of an unplanned pregnancy not medical services. They may help you with maternity and newborn clothing, housing if needed, classes in how to care for a newborn, etc. Basically, they are there as an alternative to abortion. I used to volunteer at the pregnancy life care center here and that's what their website looks like to me - but you can call and ask them.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2011