Simple ways to make your own Christmas ornaments?

We don't have many ornaments on our tree so today my kids and I got some pinecones and painted them with white paint...sprinkled glitter all over them...then hung them up. They're really cute!

What are some more cute but simple Christmas ornament ideas for kids?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Holidays

• Last year I bought a bunch of wood ornaments from Michael's (they were 2 for $1 for the smaller ones, $1 each for bigger ones and then got 2 bags with 3 in them for like $3 each). Then we colored them with markers. The kids had a blast and now we have like 12 new ornaments for the tree and I spent less then $10. (you can also pain them but markers were easier for the kids).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• you can go to a craft store a get plain clear ornaments and pour paint inside and when they dry they look cool.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 10:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Popsicle stick sleds, gingerbread men, painting plain bulbs (they have huge plastic ones), construction paper pictures (about 4x6 or smaller), popcorn strings. The pinecones idea is cute!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Ooooh, how would we do the popsicle stick sleds? We have a big box of sticks that we haven't even opened. I get that they'd have to be glued side by side but what else, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Of course glue the sticks side-by-side, two on the bottom for the runners, and one piece of yarn on the top (each end on a corner) for the "reigns." Then let them paint them or decorate them how they want. When it's all done, hang it on the tree by the reigns.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Here's another cute take on it, too

http://familycrafts.about.com/library/photalb/blphotopic289.htm

They used red paperclips as the runners, though. REALLY cute!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 10:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i looked up the same question bc i wanna make somethin special for baby's first christmas...
    the top of a soup can...(yes a soup can...cleaned..)a special picture,yarn or that thick lining ribbon...and some fancy fabric..Glue a pic on the lid, cover with plastic of some sort...cover the edges f that can.......I dont think im gonna use a can!!!...and put some decoratve edging around it...The picture was really cute...with some ribbon to hang.....
    lilgabbi

Answer by lilgabbi at 10:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Very cute, thanks!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Cinnamon dough! Sorry I don't have the recipe in front of me but you can google it, it's so easy and fun and it smells pretty too
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• lilgabby we used the lids to frozen juice containers they dont have sharp edges we bought boxes of christmas cards and used the pix we really like glued to the lid edged it with yarn then hung with ribbon
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 25, 2008