Engagement ring question

Do you think its tacky that I told my SO when discussed that I think its outrageous to spend thousands of dollars on an engagement ring? I had found a great site called fantasy jewelry box, the metal in the rings is real but the stones are high quality CZ. I do not see a reason to finance or spend such money on a ring. Give me your input!!

CopingMom33

Asked by CopingMom33 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• If your happy with that then I think I dont see a problem? I wanted the real thing myself. My dh also wanted me to have the real thing because I think it is part of the whole male ego. They also tell their friends what they got their fiancees. I imagine saying I got her a CZ isnt something he wants to admit.

Answer by gemgem at 8:20 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yea i def dont see the reason in buying somthing soooooo expensive people arnt ganna know what it is unless you tell em anyways :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Your pretty smart. Who's gonna know? And if you loose the ring or some hood banger steals it from you, and it was a CZ no biggie right?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Whatever makes you happy.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I dont understand getting big expensive rings either. I have 2 friends who were already far into debt just starting out their marriage from the rings alone! Don't get me wrong I would LOVE to have a big fancy ring, but I am realistic and my $100 ring works just fine for me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• cracker jack rings work well and at low cost
    geezers

Answer by geezers at 8:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My DH and I paid $8.00 for a plain sterling silver wedding band for me when we married, so that we could afford the honey moon of our dreams. On our first year Anniversary, he bought me an inexpensive but real wedding set. I figure I'll have something to look forward to over the years as he continues to upgrade my jewelry. I've never regretted it and still cherish my $8.00 tarnished ring.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:35 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am the same way. I wanted a small ring but my husband bought me a huge ring anyway. It's not about the size of the ring. I would have married him with no ring at all if it came down to it.
    mommyxdos

Answer by mommyxdos at 8:43 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's a great idea. Make sure it is 14K though so you can have it for years. Be careful with wearing cz's when cleaning, cooking, yard work as they get scratched easily. But are easy to replace if need be too. GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree. My engagement ring (which I picked out) cost about $250.00. But I love it! We were young when we got engaged/married and I didn't see any reason to start out our marriage a few thousand dollars in debt for a ring!!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011