Does anyone have any luck selling on ebay?Any tips you can give me?

I have sold a few things on ebay but I was wondering if anyone had any extra advice on increasing your sales.What time do you list your items,etc?I heard if you list at a certain time and day that it helps.Thanks alot if you have any suggestions!

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Time of the day is a factor, you don't want your auction to end in the middle of the night since most people won't stay up to bid. Before I list anything I do a search for that item, if there are already several similar listings I will hold off on listing my item and I keep up with how much those other items sold for. If they aren't selling well, it may not be time to list your item. Also, if you are selling seasonal items, you want to sell them just before or at the start of the season of use. Another thing to watch for is shipping. Make sure you charge your buyer enough to cover your shipping fees or you really won't be making as much as you should. I would avoid taking returns (it's a huge headache) and set up a paypal account, you will get more buyers that way. Good luck (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I mostly sell my kids clothes from last year when I sell. I usually sell when I know other moms are usually home, list them as a buy it now with a low price, or have a low starting price so they have some bidding wars. Sometimes I make alot of money, sometimes I dont. Since I am doing it to get rid of things anything I make is extra.

Answer by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well, we sell post cards, sports, yugioh and pokemon cards. We have charms on there and have sold a few other things before but we normally list at night, or in the morning. We take pictures of the item as best we can and ALWAYS compare our prices with the other items similar being sold online. I think the biggest thing is comparing the prices and lowering them as you go...because lets face it you WANT to sell the items not hold onto them. Sell only when you make a profit even if it is a few cents because believe it or not...a few cents makes a BIG difference when you are listing constantly because you are building up a customer base. The better reviews you get and returning customers the better chance you have at becoming a power seller and that pushes your listings to the top! Pay attention to what your shipping packages and what not cost and go with the cheapest but safest way as well.
    Brittanyaaron

Answer by Brittanyaaron at 8:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• One of CafeMoms original groups is the Ebay Sellers group. It is filled with wise and experienced women:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/48

Answer by rkoloms at 1:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I've been selling for about 11 years now....and I will at least say this, i'm selling less and less on there and switching over to craigslist and such. Ebay keeps changing their fee structure, and recently did yet again.....and it's just a big royal pain and not as fun for me. Join the group cause we can give you pointers and more ideas, i'm a group admin on that group.

Your best bet it to end on a Sunday evening, but any evening will work as well, some swear by tuesday evening or friday evening.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I actually bought the book eBay for Dummies. I know it sounds funny, but it tells you everything in a nutshell. I have been selling on eBay for over five years. You can actually learn everything you need to know by going to the Community tab at the top right hand side of the eBay page. From there read everything you can in the Answers, Discussion Forums, and even the Announcements. Everything you could possibly need or want to know, you will find in there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• run away fast...very fast
    geezers

Answer by geezers at 8:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2011