Calling all oil-field wives! (Help on DH landing job)

Ugh. It's a nightmare, DH got GED and went to college this past year all to get into the Army... working towards it for two years, and then yesterday, the day he was going to swear-in, a last minute background check (checking cities he has lived in for the past 10 years) showed something that he can't fix. (In 2000 his cousin used his name after a fight, nobody was ever arrested or fingerprinted... but I guess that doesnt matter, it's still in his name). It's so awful. He is devastated.

So now, we have to pick up the pieces. The only other thing around here (in Texas) that could lead to a real career for him (not the office type) is roughnecking/oil work. So I was wondering if I could get some help from current/former Oil wives (roughnecks, drillers, etc) as I know there is always alot of interest. If you could give me some names of companies, maybe even point of contacts it would be soooo appreciated. Thanks so much.

Christine

Sweet_Hart478

Asked by Sweet_Hart478 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• If his name is in the system there there WAS fingerprints AND a judgment against him dear. You dont show up in a background check for just being taken in for fighting. Id fight it. Prints WERE taken Id bet and that alone can proove it was not him.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:45 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure if it was his cousin using his name or if the other fighter used his name. We have tried to talk to the investigator, but he says there's nothing... short of his cousin going to confess which he has said he wont do. (it's assult w/ deadly weapon- used man-hole cover or something)
    Sweet_Hart478

Comment by Sweet_Hart478 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If he is just needing a job for now he may be able to look into landscaping. It would only be seasonal but it would be a job while he looked for something else.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2011