any ideas on how to potty train a 2 yr old little boy?

i have a 2 yr old and he seems to be showing some signs of wanting to potty train but when i put on underwear on him an try he pees in them. he doesn't even pull them down to pee he just goes. his brother wasn't this hard to potty train.

hollie1490

Asked by hollie1490 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my little cousin they would throw Cherrio's (yes the cereal) into the toilet and tell him to shoot them down! lol, no joke, and it worked!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• get a potty ..if there is a particular movie he likes put the potty in front of the TV put the moving on take off the diaper and sit him there..my son is 21 months old and doing great with this..putting him in Underwear doesnt help it just feels like a thin diaper to him...we put my son on the potty in the morning at nap and before bed while he watches his movie sometimes we have potty sometimes not but when he goes i make sure and say "yay you know where pee pee goes it goes in your potty not your diaper, your such a good boy.." good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• We introduced my son to the potty at about 18 months. We just had him sit on it and told him that's where we potty. When either my husband or myself went to the bathroom, we'd take him along with us and he'd sit on his big boy potty. One day I decided to take him every hour to sit on the potty. As soon as we got up he peed in the underwear. So we just dropped it deciding that he wasn't ready. About a month ago he stripped off his diaper and said "potty, potty" and ran to the bathroom. So I followed and he went pee pee in the potty. Now we only have dirty diapers first thing in the morning and after naptime. He only likes to wear his big boy underwear over his diaper. He'll eventually go for big boy underwear. I just bought a pack of boxer briefs so he can be like his daddy:) Remember some kids just take longer. My friend's son is almost 3 and he's just now interested in the potty. He's only 22 months now.
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 5:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008