I need to buy a breast pump, URGENT

I'm due any day now and I need to purchase a breast pump BUT I am not sure which one to use. Any mommies out there that have breast fed please be so kind to tell me which pumps (name brand or type of pumps) are the "good" pumps and which are the "bad" pumps. I just want something at a fair price that'll be quality. As you all know there are SOOOO many to choose from. LOL
Thanks XOXO

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 9:30 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Medela pump in style is the one i got its like a bookbag and works EXCELLENT i would NOT get a hand pump although they are cheaper it is ALOT harder good luck mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Medela is what i had too. it was expensive but so worth it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Medela. They are reliable and they sink all of their money into breast pump research. Unlike other companies (playtex for one) who are just trying to make money on everything by flooding the market with little to no research.
    You can find many on ebay for under $100 that are new.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Electric pumps are a saver and they are definitely pricey but worth it! I have a Avent double electric one. Very nice
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I have an Ameda Purely Yours that I like. I bought a first years double electric for $50 with my first & it sucked! Or rather, it didn't & that was the problem.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Rent one from a Medical Supply store for a week. If you like it, buy it. If not, trade it for another model.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I have a Medela and I love it. Im getting ready to use it with my second baby! I would recommend an electric one as the hand pumps can be hard and painful to use.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2011