Do you iron your children's clothes?

I was wondering if any other mother's out there run the iron over their children's clothes like me because my mom asked me why I was ironing my daughter's clothes...I mean they were weren't wrinkled that much, but I like her to be crisp.

MrsJStearns

Asked by MrsJStearns at 9:55 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Absolutly! She goes to pre-school and I iron ALL of her clothes. I want her to feel and look her best so that she can put her best foot forward! If you Look good -- You will FEEL good! I think I am in the minority at school though -- I would guess maybe 2 of 10 children in our class come to school with pressed clothes.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If they are really wrinkled, then yes. I don't iron their knit play clothes or tshirts but many of their things need to be ironed - especially if I don't hear the dryer go off and have the time to fold them or hang them immediately.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Depends on the piece of clothing. Nice clothes I will, but not their everyday clothes.
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I try to avoid ironing as much as possible. I will iron clothes for pictures or special ocaissions, but otherwise I just make sure I get them folded or hung straight out of the dryer. I also try not to buy fabrics that require ironing to look good.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:01 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't even iron my own clothes so the answer is no lol. I hate to iron if the clothes are really wrinkled (which is not often since I hang them when they come out of the dryer), but if they are I just stick them back in the dryer for a few on the wrinkle gard lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I iron all of our clothes. I agree that it does look, and feel better.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I iron his uniforms for school and if we're going out (shopping, dinner, whatever). I like him to look nice.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes. It looks and feels better.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I lived with my grandmother in HS and she ironed all my clothes even my jeans. I only rion my sons nice button down shirts and if he is wearing like khaki's
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I only iron for weddings and funerals! lol
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011