So close to my due date and

my sleep is terrible. Any advice on how to sleep longer? LOL as weird as that sounds I'm serious, I need more sleep before my baby arrives. But I wake up 3 times a night and it takes forever to go back to sleep?

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 10:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried some warm milk when you wake up? It can really help. Good luck with the baby!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I know the feeling, im about a week out from my due date, and i asked the doc last week about what i could take to help me sleep, she said to take benadryl or unisom...
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 10:05 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had that problem too but I got super tired during the day the last week before I gave birth so I just took every opportunity I could to get rest then. I drank warm water with lemon before bed to try to help. Good luck!!
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 10:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I totally understand!!!! everyone used to tell me sleep while you can!! The baby will be here soon an i was like I CANT SLEEP! lol maybe get your belly nice n full put on some soft music make it really dark n get a comfy pillow good luck mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• LOL that's my response everytime. "I can't sleep!" LOL thanks ladies, all advice will be tried tonight!
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Hey cool down a bit. Please don't mind but to me it seems you get tensed at every small little thing... I've seen 3-4 previous questions of yours & in all of them you seem to be overly tense which is not good for the baby in any case...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:09 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Take every little opportunity you can find to nap (even 10 min will help). And if comfort is the issue, don't be worried about getting in wierd positions. For the last month of my twin pregnancy, I slept drapped over the arm of the couch with my head hanging toward the floor. My DH thought It was so wierd, but it was comfortable to me.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• @Anumeha I'm fine I am just very opinionated. :) Thank you for the beautiful concerns, we need more people like you! How about tips on helping me sleep though? LOL I'm desperate!
    XOXO
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• take naps when you can! And try sleeping in a recliner, that was much more comfortable for me towards the end
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I was the same way with my 2nd - it was awful! My doctor actually gave me sleeping pills which doesn't seem so safe looking back. Anyway, I used to sleep on the couch or in the recliner when I could.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011