What is your favorite book of the bible? If you have more then one list them its ok

mine is Romans,and Matthew

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Genesis( Chapters 1-3; 18-50) , Exodus, Leviticus( demonstrates the plan of salvation), Numbers ( getting ready to enter the Promised Land)) , Deuteronomy( Jesus quoted it often), Joshua( my favorite "type" of Christ) , Ruth( beautiful allegory of the plan of redemption), Esther( very smart, brave woman), Job( reminds us to keep the faith no matter how bad it gets), Psalms( Especially 40,111,91,118 ,121), Proverbs, Isaiah ( especially chapter 53), Daniel, Hosea ( another allegory to the story of redemption) , Nahum (1:7 is one of my favorite verses), John ( my fave of the Gospels), Acts, Romans, Galatians ( especially 5 and 6), Ephesians ( it's about relationships), Phillipians, Hebrews, 1, 2, 3 John ( it's about love); Revelation ( so much for the history and future of God's pure church).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i think the poetry of song of solomon is beautiful. romans is full of exciting things to think about. and psalms is just, well, awesome.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Job
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My favorite is Romans and Luke. I love Jesus' parables too.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• For a specific book, I like Romans, but I do love the book of Esther as well and who can not enjoy Proverbs!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:02 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Psalms. It always brings me such peace and comfort.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 7:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• There are so many! =) But my favorites and the ones I read the most often are Philippians and Revelation.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 10:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Revelation by far... It's exciting! I have an illustrated Revelation Book that goes in to detail and is meant for studying but it's got gorgeous pictures that really bring it to life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I love Romans, Corinthians, and Acts - those were always books I kept going back to.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• the book of tobit, from the apocrypha.
    the stories about Elijah
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 3:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2008