Should pregnant women limit her food intake before the big day?

Is it true that having an empty stomach helps with the delivery process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The whole pooping thing is not a big deal. The only way you are not going to poop during delivery is if you quit eating a day or two before delivery depending on what you are eating. It takes a little bit for food to digest it doesn't just shoot through your body. It is better to have the energy from the food. Again the pooping thing is not a big deal. They will clean it up and almost never tell you it happened. They won't think you are odd because you poop. Infact they will tell you that delivering sometimes feels like you are trying to push out a big poop. 

TexasWife

Answer by TexasWife at 4:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• NO!!!!!
    labor is called labor for a reason! it is hard work and you need strength and energy for the big event!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• lol yes unless u wanna dookie all over ur kid sorry jus sayin personal experince
    kennysmom09

Answer by kennysmom09 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• well the day of not weeks or days before you will need the nutrients
    kennysmom09

Answer by kennysmom09 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree that you need strength and energy, however, I would watch WHAT it is that they're eating. I learned that one the hard way!! :)
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't even think of it, if I'm hungry then i eat, even during labor I've been known to get people to "sneak" me food because I'm starving the those mean doctors and nurses won't let me eat anything because i "might" need surgery and i might throw up! so if your friends/family aren't willing to "sneak" in some food during labor, then i would definitely stop and get some food on the way to the hospital, cause i promise you will be hungry and they wont let you have ANYTHING except for ice chips, they wont even give you water! that's just me though...
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 10:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• LOL. I agree with kennysmom09. Both answers.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will need the energy from the food to help you in the delivery room. Who cares if you poop! No one will know unless they are in there with you or you tell them. You need to eat plenty (but not too much to the point of throwing up) carbs such as pastas and breads... you're about to put your body through hell and like an athlete you need your strength and energy
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• no
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I didn't eat much when I was induced because my mom told me that a lot of women eat a lot and then throw up. I'm terrified of throwing up.... So I only ate Jello... Until I had him, then I chowed down on Arbys
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 11:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011