Diarrhea with milk?

When i switched my son over to milk he had really bad diarrhea so his dr told me to trt lastose intolerant milk. He didn't have diarrhea anynore and has been doin great with it but i as just wondering...

Do you think the diarhhea was just bc he wasn't used to it?

Actually I tried reg milk once again and he hd dirrhea. Does this mean he's lactose intolerant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• btw you can build up a tolerance by slowly adding regular milk into his diet and finding out where his threshold is. like starting with maybe 1/2 cup of regualr milk and seeing how things go then if all if fine increase it and you can do that until you find out how much his tolerance level is.
    like i can drink one glass of milk but anymore than that and my stomache gets upset.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I tried half whole milk and half lactaid nd he got diarrhea ): I really hope he grows out of it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• just keep trying every so often maybe he will grow out of it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes. Try also rice milk or almond milk, not soy. Sometimes even frozen yogurt, icecream, smoothies if made with dairy, cheese, could also be harsh.. invest in the chewable lactaid tablets to have on hand incase unsure. My son is the same way.
    wadeandpaigemom

Answer by wadeandpaigemom at 10:41 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• seems to be so
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• sounds like it especially if you just gave him all milk the first time..we were told to gradually introduce whole milk to our children....2 ounces each time till the sippy cup/bottle is all milk
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Could be! I'd discuss it with the pediatrician to see what changes you need to make!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2011