How do I remove myself and kids from neighbor mom and kids friendship?

We moved to this neighborhood about a year and a half ago. We met a few neighbors the first weekend we were here. The kids play, my husbnd and I got to know one family pretty well over this year. The husband is easy going, responsible, and tends to be a poaitive, good moral counterpart to his wife. The wife, can be fun, spontaneous, though also negative, critical, judgemental, selfish and immature. She on quite a few occasions has offended or hurt me personally, or disregaurded our family boundaries, even neighborly boundaries. I have learned to keep my semi distance. Their kids are okay, yet tend to be more like the wife most of the time. This pst weekend, she went way over the line. She offended myself and my husband, and put our 7 yr old daughter in the middle of a situation that brought her to tears, and led us to 'look like' the 'bad-always-say -no' parents. How do I stay clear of her and kids?

wadeandpaigemom

Asked by wadeandpaigemom at 10:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just tell her that you feel like she crossed the line, that it's clear that your families have different ways of doing things, and that it might be best if you limited your contact for a while.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:19 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would be honest and tell her the truth. I had a semi sort of friend that was the same way and her kids were out of control. I wanted them out of our lives and thats what I told her.
    ventingmom

Answer by ventingmom at 10:23 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thank you, we are supposed to do a camping weekend per their suggestion this summer. There is NO WAY we will go. I am actually a little worried at her response. She my retallite somehow, she's very manipulative, and bossy.
    wadeandpaigemom

Comment by wadeandpaigemom (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• What does she think about you?
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We have been able to get along up until now. I have spoken up when necessary but remain the peacemaker. 'To each his/ her own' But this is a line crossed for sure. I have always come from a place of mind that she is a boundary tester. I do not have anymore tolerance or patience.
    wadeandpaigemom

Comment by wadeandpaigemom (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011