Public School or Private School, and Why?

MaterialGirl198

Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in

• I think there is a lot to be said for attending a neighborhood school and having those social connections. My older kids went to private school through 8th grade and had a horrible time transitioning into a public hs. I also think that public schools are much more diverse. I don't believe in sheltering my kids. My 7 yr old is in the gifted program at a public school and is thriving.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 4:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I went to a private school and as you all can see my spelling and writing are not that great!

You should just check out a school that is best for your child.

The most important thing is that you should be involved in your child school, that is the only way to keep an eye on the teachers.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:44 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Private because studies have shown that kids in private schools get better jobs.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:36 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I HATE THE PUB. SCHOOL SYSTEM its on a steady down fall like the rest of this world.....
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Private because it was what was best for our oldest child.

Having had to deal with the public schools for the speech therapy he needed - it was awful. The schools were like prisons. And while the diversity was awesome, the school had something like 15 different languages, which seems like it would be an issue at some point.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:47 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Private School to learn full english in PR
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• There is no choice in our town. It is the public school or homeschool. My kids go to public school.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My daughter isn't even 6 months yet, but I want to put her in private school. Mainly because private schools are terribly expensive, but also because I want my daughter to see people from all walks of life. I went to public school, and turned out just fine.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• public school cant afford private
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Private because the public school here (only 1 and moving isn't an option) sucks donkey balls.
    Anonymous

Next question in
Jellybeans or Starburst :)

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Bleeding question??? adult content