mommies please asap....

ok 38 weeks today.. anyways after having done the "deed" do you swell up...and cramp for a little while? I'm havin really bad cramps its like their constant but sharp pains for about 10 seconds then back to the constant dull pain... what could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you have to pee but cant then the baby is blocking the way, which is not uncommon. Try laying on your side and physically pushing the baby upwards toward your chest. That should help. My friend, when she was in labor she said she had to pee but they wouldn't let her off the table, and that was what happened to her, the baby was laying on her urinary tract.

As far as cramping after sex, yes that is normal, so long as it does not continue or get progressively worse, and is not accompanied by blood or your water breaking then you are fine :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Totally normal. Orgasms cause cramping, and all the extra blood flow down there causes the swelling after sex. It should go away in a little while.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I'd call your doc. You could be in labor.
    Anonymous

• OP....

ok sorry forgot to put something...is it also normal if as if I have to pee but can't?
    Anonymous

• Yes, and yes! :) I can't tell you how many times EACH NIGHT I felt the urge to pee but was empty. It went on for several unfortunate weeks. :( The other thing is very common, too, though I had a LOT less experience with that!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• yes!! i would have totally horrible cramping where i like hurled over in pain! haha my bf always got scared. but it went away. orgasms trigger the uterus to contract. thats why they say to have sex to induce labor...worked for me :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008