Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Help please

Can I sue a computer fixing company for breaking my computer and unable to fix it ? They been having our computer for over 8 months and destoryed it they been trying to fix for a few months now! They have been giving us the run around for awhile now! I am so over it!Help


Asked by Patience909 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Technology

Level 14 (1,652 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I'm not sure. Did you sign anything releasing them from damages when you agreed to have them work on it? Even if you can sue them and win, I don't know if it would really be worth it. I think starting with the BBB might be a good idea.

    Answer by andrea96 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • I would call a lawyer to see but it sounds like a good case

    Answer by Heidikans at 10:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • Call your Better Business Bureau. They can help you. You didn't say what was wrong with it in the first place.

    Answer by Kimimale at 11:00 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • The keypad was messed up! but one of their employees took it apart and used some of the parts for other computers

    Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • no wedidnt sign anything! i am thinking the bbb is a good idea

    Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • possibly small claims court too, taking your computer parts for their own use sounds like theft

    Answer by PeachyPeach30 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

  • I would talk to a lawyer.


    Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2011