• In the Spotlight:

How long were you in labor?

I'm prego with baby #1, due in about 6 wks. I am just wondering, how long were you all in labor before baby#1 came? Baby #2? etc.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• 1st: 18hrs
    2nd:8 hrs
    3rd: 7hrs
    4th: 6hrs
    All natural! No meds!
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 2:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• From the time I was admitted to the hospital until the time I delivered was 5 hours with all 3 of my kids. I was in early labor before I was admitted of course...but I'm not counting that.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I have one child. I had relatively light labor for about 8 or 10 hours, then hard active labor for another 12 hours or so, then pushed for 2 1/2 hours. So that makes about 24 hours total.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I had been laboring all day though, since 3am the day before, with light contractions, nothing too terrible. I lost my mucus plug at 4pm and went in to get checked out, and they sent me back home.
    I went back in at 11pm and was 4cm dilated and in "active labor" (anything before 4cm is early labor and they send you home) by 1am I was 7cm and my water broke, I was pushing by 1:30am, and my daughter was born at 3:46am.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• well i was induced but i was in labor for about 9 hours before the nurses told me my daughter had pooped in me and they were gonna have to get her out and i was going to have a c-section..yeah imagine that disturbing isnt it but my daughter was so cute i couldnt be mad at her
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 11:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• First 15 min
    second 4 hrs
    third 12
    I went backwards, most of the time your first labor is the longest.
    The first I went in to be induced I was 4cm and hadnt felt any contractions yet. They broke my water before giving me anything else and 15min later I had a baby, crazy
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• 2 hours of "pre-labor" contractions then 8 hours of real labor none of which I felt thanks to the wonderful anesthesiologist and his epidural.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• #1 full medicated birth- 24 hours
    #2 natural birth- 9 hours.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 12:05 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had to be started. 7 hours from when my water broke. It wasn't really heavy labor all 7 hours. I felt like I was in labor for 3-4 hours.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• #1 - 27 hours in the hospital, but I had been having contractions for about two days before that. (They weren't close enough together to go to the hospital, just enough to keep me awake!)

#2 - 7 hours total, I was induced, checked in to the hospital 8, had him about 3, so the 7 hrs counts filling out paperwork, getting changed, all that.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2008