For those who do Christmas Trees, do you make ornaments?

I am looking for ideas to make with my kids, 9, 11, and 13. :) Thanks.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have kids that are 5,4,and 2 so we mainly make the paper chains but for a little twist we put something we like on some of the strips and for the adults that are helping we put some of our favorite christmas memories on it. Then each year we add to it.
    Nettye

Answer by Nettye at 6:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes we do. I just posted a question in the Holiday area asking the same thing, lol. I need ideas for kids that are a little younger though. Today we painted pinecones white and sprinkled them with glitter to look like snow and hung them with yarn on the tree.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yes, I do! I'm going to be a first-time mommy in March, but I've had lots of fun with my younger cousins growing up, doing projects with them. If all I had is sticky tack and paperclips, I'd make a star! lol, I love arts and crafts.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 11:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i did for dh and i's first christmas together, my son's first christmas, and i'm gonna do it my DD's first christmas this year. just grab a cheap one from the dollar store and use glitter glue.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• if you save old xmas cards, but need to get rid of some, you can use them as templates/holiday cutouts (on a pretty part of the card/shape of santa or whatever the subject in picture is), glue them to felt/cut out to match, and hang them. or make a collage of cards/in large frame to be used every year, maybe placed on the mantle, or hung on a wall in entry way. (it cheaper than buying a store-bought xmas pic, and its more sentimental)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• oh i forgot, on the ornament idea, if you could write on back of felt who sent each one, you'll always know..who sent each one.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Micahels craft store has kits with beads and pins and styrofoam shapes for kids to make ornaments, They also have lots of other craft projects to make other ornaments.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You can also make them out of cinnamon dough, then they smell pretty too
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My girlfriends and I made 10 batches of cinnamon dough ornaments 2 wks ago. It's something we do every year, fun and easy.

1/2 cup of ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup of applesauce
    2 tbsp white glue

mix and roll out to 1/4" thick on a cinnamon floured surface and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Take a straw to poke a hole in the top of the ornament for hanging. Air dry on a cookie sheet turning a few times a day or bake in a 175 degree oven until hard.

These make great decorations, gift toppers and gifts in general. You can be as creative as you want decorating your ornies or leave them as they are. Have fun!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2008